This week marks the beginning of the Spring 2013 semester at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary where I am working on my M.Div. This also marks the beginning of my final calendar year, as I hope to graduate in December. This semester, I am taking a load that is somewhat lighter than usual – and only taking 7 hours.
Below are the books that are assigned for my classes.
Advanced Expository Preaching
- Text-Driven Preaching, Akin and Allen
- Preaching with Variety, Arthurs
- The Parables, Kistemaker
- The Art of Preaching Old Testament Narrative, Mathewson
- The Supremacy of God in Preaching, Piper
Church History II
- The Story of Christianity, 2nd Edition, Gonzalez
- Pia Desideria, Spener
- The American Evangelical Story, Sweeney
- The History of Christianity in the United States and Canada, Noll
- Life and Diary of David Brainerd, Brainerd and Edwards