Imagine for a moment, if all 6.7 billion people on the face of the planet were represented by one single “global village” of 100 people. What does our world really look like?
- Out of 100 people:
- 60 would be Asian
- 14 would be African
- 12 would be European
- 8 would be Latin American
- 5 would be American or Canadian
- 1 would be from the South Pacific
- 51 would be male; 49 would be female
- 82 would be non-white; 18 white
- 67 would be non-Christian; 33 would be Christian
Now, contrast those statistics with your church on Sunday morning. Are we changing the world with the Gospel, or are we just sitting in our little circles pretending that the rest of the world doesn’t exist?