I love top tens. I love church planting. That’s why when I see top tens about church planting, I’m all in.
And they never fail.
And while I can think of an unlimited number of reasons why you should be a part of a church plant, this week Justin Buzzard posted his Top 10 Reasons NOT to Join a Church Plant:
1. If you’re looking for the next cool thing in town.
2. If you’re a Christian and you don’t like your current church.
3. If you have a bad track record at churches of being unteachable and causing problems.
4. If you’re a consumer wanting to “go to church” 1x a week for a nice show.
5. If you want religion.
6. If you have an agenda.
7. If you’re a wolf.
8. If you think this will be a nice little church that stays the same size, where everybody knows your name and you have my cell number on speed dial and we have a picnic lunch together every week.
9. If you think this will be easy and smooth.
10. If you want to hold onto your comfortable life.
Check out his blog here.