This week marks the beginning of the Spring 2014 semester at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary where I am working on my M.Div. This also marks the beginning of my final semester, as I plan to graduate in May. This semester, I am taking a moderate load at 6 hours.
Below are the books that are assigned for my classes.
Greek: Exegetical Method – Philippians
Dr. Terry Wilder
- Lexical Aids for Students of New Testament Greek, Metzger
- Novum Testamentum Graece. 28th ed., Nestle-Aland
- Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics, Wallace
Preaching: Rhetoric II
Dr. Calvin Pearson
- “The Rhetorical Situation.” Philosophy and Rhetoric 1.1 (1968): 1-14., Bitzer
- The Rhetorical Tradition: Reading from Classical Times to the Present. 2nd ed., Bizzell and Herzberg, eds.
- Metaphors We Live By, Lakoff and Johnson
- Words that Work, Luntz
- “Metaphor: The Most Common and Complex of the Homiletician’s Tools,” Pearson
- “Using Argumentation Theory in a World Hostile to Truth,” Pearson
- The Philosophy of Rhetoric, Richards
- The Argument Culture: Stopping America’s War of Words, Tannen
- The Uses of Argument, Toulmin
- “The Myth of the Rhetorical Situation.” Philosophy and Rhetoric 6 (1973): 154-61., Vatz
- Language is Sermonic: Richard Weaver on the Nature of Rhetoric, Weaver