I’ve been reading again. Currently, I’m reading Good to Great by Jim Collins. In his book, he identifies five specific levels of leadership that increasingly improves the performance of the organization.
- Highly Capable Individual – Makes productive contributions through talent, knowledge, skills, and good work habits.
- Contributing Team Member – Contributes individual capabilities to the achievement of group objectives and works effectively with others in a group setting.
- Competent Manager – Organizes people and resources toward the effective and efficient pursuit of predetermined objectives.
- Effective Leader – Catalyzes commitment to and vigorous pursuit of a clear and compelling vision, stimulating higher performance standards.
- Level 5 Executive – Builds enduring greatness through a paradoxical blend of personal humility and professional will.
Where do you think you land? What thing(s) can we do to better our leadership skills?
I hope that this book will help shed some light on this subject. What observations have you made along your journey?